Garbage Disposal Installation, Repair & Replacement
We provide the best garbage disposal repairs, replacements and installations for homes in northern and central New Jersey.
Your kitchen depends on the efficiency of its plumbing, and a broken garbage disposal just won’t cut it. Our professional plumbers offer efficient repairs to your broken, clogged or malfunctioning garbage disposals. A garbage disposal might break when used improperly, but it can also slowly burn out from normal wear and tear. Depending on what actually travels down the garbage disposal the complexity of the necessary plumbing repair will vary.
Click here to read what your neighbors are saying about their recent experiences with us!
If the repair is too complex, or impossible, we will recommend a garbage disposal replacement. Our licensed plumbers can install any major brand of garbage disposals. Our garbage disposal services are performed in one day, and we strive to leave your home running smoothly and looking just as polished as when we entered it, if not more so!
If your kitchen sink is backed up call Weltman Home Services. We expertly offer:
- Professional Garbage Disposal Repairs
- Knowledge of all Major Disposal Brands
- Expert Installation of Replacement Garbage Disposals
- Licensed, Insured and Bonded Technicians and Plumbers
- 24/7 Emergency Plumbing Repair Services
If you are struggling with your kitchen garbage disposal give us a to fix it in one visit! And contact us with confidence. We back all of our garbage disposal services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The job is not done until you are completely satisfied.
Foods That Should Never Go In Your Garbage Disposal
There are a number of foods that should never go into your garbage disposal or kitchen drain. They can brake your disposal, clog your sink or block your drain. These foods include:
- oils and grease
- poultry bones and skin
- corn husks and cobs
- potato skins
- coffee grinds
- fruit pits
Our plumbers are garbage disposal experts, and they fix hundreds if not thousands of clogged, jammed and broken disposals every year. In an effort to help our customers avoid problems with their garbage disposals we have put together some simple garbage disposal ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’.
- Cold water is a must. Running hot water can cause fats and grease to liquefy, later solidifying and clogging pipes.
- Keep the water running. Running water will ensure an even flow through the disposal.
- Don’t stop grinding too early. Run the garbage disposal for at least 15 seconds after the food has gone through to ensure that the disposal has been properly cleared of all debris.
- Regular running prevents problems. Disposals that aren’t used frequently can rust and the engine can corrode.
- Smaller pieces = better success. Don’t try to run large items through your disposal. Keep them small and cut them up when needed.
Garbage Disposal Don’ts:
- Don’t stick any objects – including fingers! – into the disposal to clear a jam.
- Trash belongs in the garbage, not the disposal. Never put plastic, glass, metals, fabrics, hair, rubber or paper into the disposal.
- Grease and oil will cause clogs. Although they may go right through your disposal, they will later solidify in your pipes, causing future problems.
- When in doubt, throw it out! If you aren’t sure if something can go down the garbage disposal just toss it in the trash.
And remember, if you do run into an issue with your garbage disposal call in an expert. Weltman‘s plumbers are on call 24/7 and will be here when you need us most!
We service all garbage disposal makes and models, including: